View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #16
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
I just hate cleaning the thing afterwards.
Gee, that must take about 10-15 sec. to rise with alcohol and wipe dry with a paper towel, even after using the Super Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
I don't want the motive to pollute my brake fluid or visa versa. I just use it as a pressure supply and connect and disconnect it a few times during the process. If I was using it all day long as you might in a workshop I would use it as designed but since I use it once a month I would rather the new fluid remains in its original container. I may be being over cautious but this seems the best way to ensure good clean fluid with minimum exposure to atmosphere and pollutants.
It is more than being "over cautious", it is both a waste of time as testing fresh fluid coming out of the caliper bleeders shows there is no contamination or moisture pickup (we tested the theory on a car to show a concerned customer that going to all the folderol he read about on the internet was unnecessary), and it adds the risk of potentially dribbling brake fluid on to something it should not get on, like your paint work.

At the end of the day, it is your car, so feel free to go about the flush in any way that makes you feel better about it, just don't expect to gain anything by it......