View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 04:07 AM   #12
mjbliemel

Talking Use Plexus JT!

Definitely get thee some Plexus. Truly amazing stuff. My rear window was really hazy and not looking very good at all. I had been looking for Plexus locally to no avail. Finally found it at a Home Depot right down the road from my home, though I had to visit a few Home Depots in the process. My first attempt at using it was a bust, I ended up with it in worse shape than before I applied it. Thanks to our fellow poster, Ed (ehljags), with his detailed instructions on the PROPER way to use Plexus, I gave it another shot and now my window is beautiful again! If Home Depot has it you will find it where they sell Plexiglass.

Here then are the detailed instructions that Ed sent me on the use of Plexus:

"My technique for use of Plexus is similar to the can's instructions, with some minor variations:

1) Do not spray it on the window. Spray a significant amount (near saturation) on to a terry cloth (old cotton towel, washed without fabric softeners or dryer-sheets (very important for any car-detail work)!!).

2) Wipe in a circular motion, working product into window with pressure. Use enough pressure to actually move the window: You should be able to "feel" its pressure-handling ability.

3) Finish by buffing out with a clean, dry (no water is very important as Plexus is not water soluble) cotton terry cloth (pre-cleaned as above -- i.e., no fabric softener or dryer-sheet).

Streaks should be gone. If not, you might have some previous scratches. These can be removed with more rigorous plastic cleaners."

Good luck, you will be amazed JT! Oh yeah, be sure to use it on the inside too. That is where most of my haziness was.

P.S. Doh! I see Ed's instructions are already a post in this thread. Ah well.

Last edited by mjbliemel; 07-16-2002 at 04:10 AM.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote