View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:12 AM   #11
KenT

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheguy05
I hope they did not charge you by the hour. I have oput two of these GAHH tops on the 986 now, and both times it took less than 4 hours doing it by myself. The install is very straight forward, and I had only put one other top on in my life.
That's interesting. No, I did not pay by the hour. I also assumed it took them that long because I saw them pull the car into the shop when I dropped it off and they were still finishing it when I got there at 6pm to pick it up. Maybe they were doing something else in the middle. The guy at the store did tell me it took all that time though, and he specifically said his other person could do it in 6 hours.

Maybe I should wonder about the installers. I have since developed an issue where the sides come outside the plastic edges when the top closes (where the top goes from above the window to behind the window). When I took it back to them they found some loops with velcro that are suppose to pull the top inside the guides. Those pop off when the top is opened, so something isn't quite right. They want it to stretch a little more before the adjust it. We'll see.
KenT is offline   Reply With Quote