View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #6
SoCal

These are the wheels I'm getting:

They were offered last on the Boxster in 2004, I believe (or maybe 2002 -- not sure).

They are 18" wheels. I'm getting 8" wide on the front and 9" wide on the rear. The offsets don't match perfectly with the 2006 Boxster.

On the front, without spacers, the wheels will sit 7mm farther out. On the rear, with 17mm spacers, the wheels will sit 8mm wider.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the wheels, and the clear side lights, etc.

OK, back to "my nuts."

Technically, the 2006 Boxster comes with "lug bolts" not "lug nuts." IOW, the lugs themselves have threaded bolts and fit through the wheels. These Porsche lug bolts visible at the exterior of the wheels are "dimpled" and "concave."

When I have the spacers put on the rear, the spacers will be attached with flat-headed lug bolts, and the spacers themselves have exterior facing bolts that will fit through the wheels and onto which "lug nuts" will attach.

These "lug nuts" that come with the spacers are smooth and convex, not dimpled and concave.

I don't care whether I replace the front or the rear, but I want my nuts to match as closely as possible.

Deliriousga's websites don't seem to have what I'm looking for (or at least, I couldn't find them.)

If all of this is still confusing, I'll post pictures pretty soon.

Thanks to all.

Very happy to be a Boxster owner at long last, and again appreciate all the good advice.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by SoCal; 12-25-2005 at 12:47 PM.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote