View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
FormulaReed

Replacing the Coolant tank...

I have the classic leak in the coolant tank. After reading the DIYs on Pedros site and over at Pelican Parts it looked like something I could do. I got the parts and a cable operated clamp pliers and went for it.

Well, I think I have bitten off more than I can chew. I was able to get the oil filler line removed from the engine bay but thats about as far as I got in 5 hours. After I got it removed I thought that I could get some slack and get access to the rest of the the hoses. No luck, I could only get about an inch or so of slack and I could not get at the clamps. I tried to get at the hoses from the engine but I could not get any of my tools on the clamps. I also tried from under the car but again I had not luck.

I am about to give up, it seems like the lines in the engine compartment are much shorter on my car and I can't figure out how to get the tools on the clamps.

Any one run into this? It seems like I have to cut the lines to get the tank out but that seems a bit rash and I am afraid that it will cause more problems. I am going to give it another shot tomorrow, but I might be in over my head.

Cheers,

Reed
FormulaReed is offline   Reply With Quote