View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
DFW02S

Okay, you said "whilst" and "sorted" and "shed loads" and "chaps" - so I'm going to guess that you're driving on the right hand side of the car. NTTAWWT

As to mods, I've got the TopSpeed Pro short shift kit and I'm thrilled with it. It's the first mod I would suggest to give you that sports car feel.
Next, I was having the dreaded 2nd gear pop out issue when the temps got down in the 5c to 0 range and I installed the G-Box detent. Problem solved.

Track days, get a better set of pads, I'm using Carbo Techs and I'm happy with them, but Pagid and others are suitable too.

Mostly for aural pleasure, try TopSpeed test pipes and race muffler - others work well too. Beware, fuel economy drops because your foot is always on the floor.

Also for tracking, an underdrive pulley is helpful, it gives you a bit more hp and doesn't spin your PS pump into failure mode.

Beyond that, don't run your motor oil past 5k miles and you should be good to track on any day.

Hope you enjoy the car Leafy, post vids of your track days.
PS. How many miles on it? Low low miles, I might change the IMS - and then clutch and maybe a lightweight flywheel while you're in there. High miles, no problem on the IMS. (Rumor has it)

Last edited by DFW02S; 02-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
DFW02S is offline   Reply With Quote