View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
evifenocvt

Parting Out Complete 97 Boxster Tip

[IMG] IMG_8042 by evifenocvt, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_8044 by evifenocvt, on Flickr

IMG_8047 by evifenocvt, on Flickr

I am parting out a 1997 Boxster Tiptronic. It has 78k miles and hasn't been driven since 2002! The tranny blew back then and the owner didn't have the duckets for a repair, so the car just sat... and sat... and sat. Everything in the car is up for grabs, aside from the engine, which I am keeping as a spare and to tinker with and learn more about. I imagine it could use a refreshing after sitting for so long. I don't know the extent of the tranny damage but if anyone wants it for a core, it will be available free for pick up. Same goes with the chassis if anyone is interested in building a track car with a cage. The rest of the parts I am open to reasonable offers. I would like to try this forum for most of the parts before heading to ebay or CL.

I dropped a new battery in to test all the electricals and everything was fine. As you can see its got a nice artic silver hardtop. The interior is black leather with wood trim, but most of the wood trim is in pretty bad shape from shrinking and cracking. The leather is in great shape though. Most exterior panels are clean, as well as the 17' rims.

I plan to have the car completely stripped within a few weeks. I am taking my time to really make sure I understand all the steps involved. Its a super experience to be able to tear one down.

Send me a PM or email at evifenocvt@yahoo.com if you are interested in any parts. email is probably better since I can respond fast. I can take any pictures and describe all the parts with great clarity. I sell a lot of bicycle parts on ebay under the handle evifenocvt, so you can look me up and see my feedback, which is all positive. I am located in Southern California (O.C.) so local pickup is great for large items, but I can also ship most things as well for just actual shipping cost.

Thanks. Tomorrow, the cooling system will come out and maybe a few fenders and some interior parts. Should be fun. Cheers,

Tony
evifenocvt is offline   Reply With Quote