Thread: Sprint Booster?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #15
Jaak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield View Post
Bmod, do I understand correctly that you have installed one of these devices and are happy with it? Since my Boxcar is a TIP I think I have enough 'maps' that adjust to my driving style which may make this device redundant or irrelevant. It would be good to hear from a TIP owner with one of these. Thanks for your feedback.

AKL
Had one on mine for about a year now and am satisfied with it. There is a noticable difference in all 3 modes in regards to the throttle response/lag. I leave mine in "sport" mod as it does speed up the time it takes on the response issue. It does not make the car go faster, but it does make the throttle engage noticably quicker. A few wrenches did state that they noticed a difference inthe throttle response and they were happy with it. I find it fun to drive with it ... and would buy it again. I don't track it as I cannot afford to replace the car if I crash it.

Just don't install it when the outside temperature and humidity is high ... it gets damn hot under the dash. Stow the roof as well ... makes getting at it easier.

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote