View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Kenny Boxster

Garage
Sorry to hear, but at least you're safe. If you are lucky it may turn out to be a lot less than $6k, but it's hard to tell without knowing everything that is damaged, and how you end up repairing it, whether you take it a shop or in your own garage. If it helps, I got a pretty good radiator from this guy:
Brand New 1 Row w O EOC w O TOC Replacement Radiator for 2 7 3 2 3 4 3 6 H6 Gas | eBay

I was initially very wary of buying a radiator that cheap, but the quality is remarkably well. Side by side by the OEM radiator, they are identical. Odds are though, if the radiator is busted, so is the radiator housing bracket. Bought one from Oklahoma foreign- any scrapyard should do. Also, your wheel well arch liner/fender liner is probably out of place. As for your bumper, you can find one floating around Craigslist for maybe three benjamins. If you're thinking about repairing the damage yourself, it's not very difficult and feel free to message me if you need help. I'm a college student, so I learn alot from wrenching on my Boxster. Overall, damage that would cost well north of $1k for me cost me around $250ish for the parts. Being young though, I have more time than money.

Last edited by Kenny Boxster; 02-06-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote