View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccstud17 View Post
:whistles: thats a purtty look! did you upgrade to 18" to fill the gaps?
I upgraded to 18" factory Carrera (20lbs each) before the GT3 front bumper.
I paid $1,100 from Ernie's Alloys when the deal came up. Ernie (RIP) must have needed cash that week because he said it was basically his cost. I had RA-1 R comps mounted and man did that first ride put a smile on my face. The Potenza RE-11's I have now for summer is a great tire too. But yeah with the GT3 front, I think the wheel well gets too large for a 16" or 17" wheel. Same issue with the new 981 Boxster if you go lower than 19", too big a hole to fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp17 View Post
Perfect lap....Those wheels are nice!! Do you get more scraping the pavement with the lower bumper?
Yep. Gots to be very careful with high driveways and those parking space blocks.
But luckily a decent respray is only $250 away. I've spent a lot more and guess what, some S*** head will come along and back into your car. Last time while I was in gas a station parking lot behind the wheel! Maroon never looked in his mirrors even as I was honking. So personally I do not think it's worth spending a lot to repaint your front and rear bumpers. And truth be told the expensive repaint and the $250 were only different for a well-trained eye (the cheap was a little darker).

p.s
Sideskirts are not factory. Porsche didn't make the 2002-2004 GT3 look for the Boxsters, only the 99-01 GT3 look. So I had to go fiberglass but its held up pretty well.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-06-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote