View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
Brucelee

No, Porsche is not required to give you a new car. They are required to fix the car under warranty and since they are installing a new engine, I think they have you and themselves covered.

I think you are being EMOTIONAL and I understand why you would feel this way about a new car going bad. However, getting a new engine is not that bad of a remedy. I assume they will be giving you a free loaner to use while you wait for your new engine.

If not, then THEY are being unreasonable and I would hammer them on that.

In some states there are lemon laws but these laws usually won't help you as they only require the dealer to take the car back IF they can't or won't fix it.

In this case, Porsche is clearly willing to fix the car.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuben
I wonder if any of you guys can advise me. Ibought a new 987 Boxster S 6 months ago. After 1 day I found that the cd player did not work. I subsequently took it to the dealer and they had to replace the whole PCM module. 2 weeks ago the emission control warning light on my dash came on and the car has been in now for over a week at the dealership. Today they told me the problem is that the timing is off- way off. Now there is potential damage to the engine so they say they will replace it with a new engine. The car is under warranty but my question is: should they not replace the car? What can I demand in the form of compensation? Am I being unreasonable.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote