View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
Perfectlap

^ if you're a big F1 fan want to see something even better (imho) and still have a VCR, go on Amazon and order the documentary about him called "A Star Named Senna". It's probably one of the best sports documentaries I've ever seen. I think it came out in the late 90's before DVDs became so common. A really amazing amount of one on one interview footage that showed a whole different side of Senna. And wayyy more onboard footage than the recent movie. They have old footage of Senna karting with his nephew Bruno (now an F1 driver) on the family karting track.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Named-Ayrton-Senna-VHS/dp/0769735312/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360077492&sr=8-1&keywords=a+star+named+senna

I thought the recent movie wasn't nearly as good and got most of its praise because some many people in the mainstream were wholly unfamiliar with the whole Senna story. I read reviews online that said most people who were in the theaters at Sundance had no idea that Senna actually dies at the end. Which is just nuts given how huge a figure he was in racing.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-05-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote