View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #17
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby View Post
Ummn, thats not too far away.. The car can land here in one day for 450 bucks in shipping cost, maybe less if we get it on a truck bringing us more than 2-3 Porsches at once. I have cars here from 19 states at the present as well as two Canadian provinces and an engine from Hong Kong with another inbound from South Africa.

We consider anything on the east coast to be local work.

Other modes of failure do exist, 23 more to be exact. I did originally invent the IMS Solution for my engines where people purchase an engine that is fully updated. Most of these are not "High HP" as they generally make 25-50HP more than stock from displacement increases and efficiency gains. Unfortunately our engines are no longer the most expensive option, since the majority of OEM Porsche crate engines now cost either the same or more money and they come with high core charges.

I remember the days when my engine was 15K and the factory engine was 5-7 brand new and we still had more work than we could handle. The people that love these cars spend the money and always have, just like the days when we built 10K buck engines for 914s that weren't worth 3K bucks!

The choice is simple, if you want to keep the car for more than 50K miles, then consider the IMS Solution; if you don't plan on keeping the car that long just stick with the standard retrofit or an IMS Guardian. The only bad decision that an owner of an 01-05 car can make is to do nothing.

It doesn't matter to me which way you go, my job with the IMS Solution is over and no matter how many sell/ do not sell isn't any of my concern since I am only concerned with my engines and retrofits that we carry out here.What matters to me is removing the ball bearing design from every engine that leaves my facility~
With all due respect, I'm a little confused ? Prior to the invention of your IMS Solution, there's was every indication that the IMS retro-fit was the perfect answer to addressing the problem of IMSB failure. Now it sounds like it's become more or less a summary approach to the issue than a finite one. Indeed, the part about needing the IMS Solution if I desired to keep my vehicle beyond 50k miles is a bit perplexing. Again, with all due respect, unless there's a way that I can "miracle" my boxster to your location, after nigh on to 40k in mods (not the least of which involved a major body kit project), there's simply no way that my vehicle is going on a flatbed or trailer to anywhere - fancy transport companies notwithstanding. Having said that, it seems like my only option is to do the retro-fit. However, the overall impression that I've gotten from this thread, is that the effectiveness of the IMS retro-fit has been greatly downplayed by the IMS Solution.