View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #15
Spyderman

Garage
Greetings tanque55,

Bulb and socket remained with the factory ashtray assembly, and I just left the bulb harness plug loose in the console. Shouldn't cause any issues. Manufacturers have been leaving unconnected harness ends tucked away in cars for a long time. Cheaper to install a wiring harness to accommodate a large array of factory options, than it would be to have custom harnesses configured for specific options a customer might order.

Greetings again Springman26!

I looked at the cup insert that's available for the console storage compartment, but wasn't too crazy about how the compartment lid is just left open pointing straight up between the seats when this insert was in place. I also looked at the cup holders that fasten to the air ducts at the ends of the dashboard. Didn't like that idea too much either. I saw a post here, or on one of the other websites, where someone came up with a cup holder that attaches underneath the edge of the console tunnel on either side of the shifter area. Except for maybe bumping against it while driving, that one looked like a reasonable compromise to me.

I'll take a picture of my re-configured dash stack this weekend and post it here.

Last edited by Spyderman; 01-21-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote