View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Ckrikos

Bought some 18" rims and have a question

So I recently bought a set of Tire Rack Sport Cup edition rims with Michelin Super Sport tires. I bought 18x8 and 18x9 rims with 225/40/18 and 265/35/18 sized tires. My question is do I need to do anything to the parking brake line? I know that with 10" rims they need to be tied back somewhere but not sure about 9" rims. I went with the 9's as they were a few lbs lighter.

The rims fit perfectly my only critique is that one of my wheel caps did not fit perfectly in one of the rims. I had to try it in another wheel and got it to fit fine. The finish of the wheels are pretty good there are some rough areas but my 17's where not any better. I didn't get to drive on them as I wanted to test them for any steering wheel shimmies. The wheels appear to be balanced fairly well as there aren't too many weights on them. My 17's actually had more. I have attached a rough picture and will post some more as the weather gets better.

I was thinking of skipping the rims, but when you take into account that tire rack mounts and balances the rims for free, where as tire rack approved shops charge $180 in my area(to install on my old rims). That saving makes the wheels even cheaper so for $600 why not. As much as I wanted OEM wheels I am not going to spend 20% of the value of the car on rims as I will be doing other work as well, IMS, clutch, AOS, and possibly ROW M030.