View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #5
MikenOH

Garage
Continental tires

I guess my experience with a set on a E320 MB a few years ago really colored my view of the company and the products.

These tires were standard on the E320, wore quickly, had repeated belt failures and traction--dry or wet went south after about 20K miles and this was highway driving. I was mazed MB would put them on a $55K car--sort of like Ford and the tires on the Explorer, but not to that degree.

Anyway, other forums--Pete's, Renntech and the tireRack-- have lot's of comments on continental performance tires, probably the previous version, and none was good. IIRC, the consensus was not very responsive handling, average traction and loud after a they started to wear.

I understand the C2 tire is better than the one it replaced. Having said that the Tirerack comparison of Max summer tires has the C2 around 10 or worse. It may not be a bad tire but there are others out there that are better. A lot of it would depend onthe kind of driving you do; if you're just cruising, you might not notice much of a difference between the bunch except for noise and ride quality. of course, YMMV..
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote