View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #33
Porsche Chick

Couple of things:
I think we need a definition of how "high up" this guy was in the hierarchy. I doubt anyone of any consequence would say something like that. And if this is like most racing schools, the majority of people working the event are temps, not regular employees. They get shipped around the country, from track to track, and then spend the rest of the year at home watching TV and drinking Buds. I have several friends in this business. Nice gig when you can get it, but it's a temp job of a couple of months a year.

Also, why is the Boxster ever compared to a Carrera? It's a roadster. That's what it is, a different animal in intent and style. It's a roadster in the tradition of the Carmen Ghia, the Triumph, the Alpine Sunbeam, the MG and all the other cool roadsters of history. I actually prefer it to the Carrera, and if you offered me a free 911 or a free Boxster, hands down, I'd take the Boxster. Better handling, cooler styling.

So Porsche makes cars other than the 911, so what? I believe other car makers have multiple models as well.
Porsche Chick is offline   Reply With Quote