View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #17
mcomet

It is funny I was just lamenting the boxster second class view many have yesterday and both this thread and a shorter similar thread on 6speed were posted same time. It is funny all the 911 Porsche people I know well respect the boxster. A friend at work tho tends to look down on it not so much that it isn't a real Porsche but just that it isn't in the same class as a 911 especially higher end cars like a gt2/3 or turbo, etc... And not a classic like the older 911s. I sort of agree in that the higher end exotics, Ferrari, Lambo, and top of the line porsche is a different cost and category. He was sort of making fun of me for going on a local New Years drive where a bunch of people showed up in 911s, gt3, gt-R, a lambo etc...even tho there were other boxsters there and other older porches like a 914 944 etc...

The thing that gets me the most tho is perhaps power, as a previous poster mentioned, why not a super fast version, (although the new 981S changes that in my mind) and the styling. There is a large part of me that wishes the convertible top of the boxster looked better than it does when up. Since I am finding myself using the drop top less and less and I love the styling of the cayman that will likely be my next car. Even tho they are basically the same cars within reason. The cayman both in name and looks just does more for me, even tho it is still "in the shadow of the 911" for many people. Btw lets remember for name that Jeremey Clarkson did pen the cayman the "Coxster" lol....
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote