View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #11
Flavor 987S

Being fortunate enough to currently own both a Boxster (2006 987S) and an 911 (1997 993 Turbo) I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about this subject. I could go on for hours. But I won't. Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt.

Regarding what the "big fish" said, it should come as NO SURPRISE to us Boxster owners. But, it doesn't make it right, nor palatable. I also think it speaks volumes about that one person, than it does about any specific group.

Most people who say silly stuff about a Boxster, hasn't ever driven one, or hasn't established much seat-time in one. We (986 Forum members) have been saying for years, if Porsche built a Boxster with 911 power, there'd be a drastic drop in 911 sales. Actually, Porsche did build a Boxster with 911 power, it's called a Carrera GT. And a little out of my value proposition for a weekend toy.

With regard to the new 981 Boxster, in my 8 years as a Porsche enthusiast, I've NEVER seen more positive comments about a Porsche from the "911 contingent" as I have currently. This is great for Boxster owners and all involved.

Lastly, let's not lose sight that Porsche did move the new 991's engine slightly more center-mass. So, maybe my statement above is not so far fetched.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote