View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Perfectlap

There is EXTREME Carrera kool aide drinking within Porsche Motorsports. The engine will ALWAYS be in the rear. ZERO deviation from the script. unbelievers aka infidels, can knock themselves out with front and rear engine "commercial downgrades". Case in point: when Patrick Long was a tadpole at Porsche and not yet a fully ordained factory driver he was not allowed a Carrera for personal use. He could only ask for a Boxster.
Yes this logic is completely retarded····roadsters are roadsters·····GTs are GTs····sports coupes are sports coupes.
Only in the kool aide mind is one a substitute for the other. Secondly, it shows the brain washing of young drivers to revere the Carrera as the apex of Porsche.
Meanwhile in the long run as a sprint racer, the Carrera has zero chance of beating mid engine Ferrari. Ditto for the prototypes.
Endurance is all they have as far as racing and the mids steal that show right from under them every summer.

P.S.
The kool aide permeates down to the casual Porsche owner. Generally a tip off for a poser. I once started a poll in a track oriented forum asking if given the choice of engine placement in their next GT3 would they check the box for mid.
Fully 2/3's said yes to a mid engine GT3. I then posted a similar question in the "standard" Carrera variants forum and I was flamed right away and told to go away LoL. 2/3's of those guys responded that they would only buy a rear engine Carrera.
As you can see there is a disconnect between the rabid Porsche track enthusiasts and the mothership.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-08-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote