View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #16
Perfectlap

well Porsche got 30 more hp out of the 987 3.2 with intake and exahust upgrades but I believe they also did some presumably very costly upgrades to the engine internals. Which is why I'm skeptical that a few bolt ons to the 3.2 could produce just a few less ponies than the guys at Stugart in a much more elaborate process.

But $2400 for and aditional 25 HP sounds about right for this car. Although I would have to see the dyno chart to see whether top end had been sacrificed for more low end power. Not to mention where mid range power stands after the upgrades which is where most drivers would want the extra kick in pants.

as far as Dynos yes, I don't know how many times I've read in Excellence or Import Tuner where the editors dyno a product themselves and rarely are the vendor 'dyno' HP claims confirmed. Except one Tech Art 911 where they actually low balled their HP claims. Very rare.

and yes R-compounds for daily use, not a good idea. R-compounds during the middle of December: really not a good idea. Better get over to Tirerack.com!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote