View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
Perfectlap

If I were you I would put that cash on some premium tires. Nothing has MORE BANG FOR THE BUCK than that piece of rubber that contacts the street.
Hate to sound like a party pooper but the 2nd best bang for the buck is to take that money and sign up for something like the Evolution High Performance Driving school. They tour all the across the country reminding people that they are very far from exploiting the full capabilities of their sports cars. An entire afternoon of instruction for about $300. Improvement of driving capability: hard to calculate.

Evolution Performance Driving School

You have a 2002 S. That's a world class sports car, Automobile Magazine named the 2000 S the sports car of the year. There really is no such thing as bang for the buck when it comes to this car. SOme people have put in short shift kits and think its great bang for the buck, but that's more to do with driving style than any measured performance increases. Those guys in Stugart are pretty smart and at $60,000 for a fully loaded S they aren't exactly cutting corners.

I tinkered like mad on my last car because it was a japanese tin can made with cheap parts and labor. Now I have a car from a brand some people have always dreamed of owning. The only enhancements I make now are cosmetic although going with lighter wheels (10 pounds at each corner) can be considered a performance bonus,
oh and GT3 seats, expensive but oh so worth it.

here's a black set for $1400, somebody better jump on that soon.
http://www.911pcar.com/Porsche_Parts/porsche_parts_interiors_seats.htm
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-14-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote