View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
AKnowles

Glad I could help. I didn't find a simple set of instructions, so after searching via google decided to post my final solution. If you have a question when it comes time to install yours let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

As a final FYI I'm uisng some JB Weld now to secure two nuts to the back of the license plate frame. Mostly because I am using security bolts to hold it together, but also because the stock screws are not long enough to use to secure the camera and license plate (not to mention the frame I removed). You may need to do something similar. Particulalry since the camera has hex recesses for the bolts. There is actually no way to use the camera with the stock bolts ont he rear license plate holder since you can't get to the rear of the license plate frame.

Of course you could drill two holes through your license plate so you could get to the license plate frame screws. That would make it easy to install and remove, but it might cause some issues with the local DMV too. For me, it would have just made it too easy to steal the license plate.

The screws I bought were from autozone and are Bell Anti-Theft bolts part number 45915-8. They look like this ...