View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Steve Tinker

Monoball camber plate....

My original front shocks have a rattle on rough surfaces - I've replaced the drop links and inner/outer steering rod arms, but the noise persists. I suspect the upper rubber shock mounts are worn as I can move the wheel up with a pry bar and get a knocking sound.
I've been looking for alternative shocks and I've managed picked up a set of 5000 mile Bilstein PSS9 shocks to fit my 2001 S. The guy threw in 2 x Porsche GT3 camber plate monoballs (part #996 343 181 9R) with the PSS9's but he said that he removed them soon after installing because they are noisy compared to the standard rubber mounts.

My question is just how noisy are monoball shock mounts compared to standard - I don't want to buy a set of rubber mounts unless absolutely necessary, but I'm concerned that if I fit the monoballs & find they rattle, its another big $$$ job to pull them out and refit originals.

Amazing - no heavy costs for two years but 2012 has been expensive when it comes to maintenance and 85,000 km - I guess thats how it goes...

Thanks as always....

Last edited by Steve Tinker; 12-30-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Steve Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote