View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
shadrach74

Here here! I love P-cars, but I'm not a huge fan of Porsche customer service. I prefer to keep it simple, mad a simple manual with me controlling the as many variables as possible is my preferred choice. I was actually happy to find a car without PSM. I wanted a sports car, and that's what I got. I'd have been fine with wind down windows. I realize not everyone thinks this way and that's fine too. But the more complex the system, the more there is to break. It's why aircraft engines still use magnetos for ignition and air for cooling in most cases. You can't just pull over and call roadside assistance when your automated whatever ceases to automate.

I've driven a 2012 Panamera with PDK...It was great, but not earth shattering from a driving perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
^ you must have been reading my mind. I was watching some 981 Boxster videos and the PDK, particluarly in sport mode, was actually starting to sound appealing for once.
The first PDK seemed to have "lag", although I heard this was fixed on certain models pre-2012. At any rate that sounds like an out-of-warranty nightmare.
Considering Porsche have told 997 GT3 drivers who wrecked their cars because of the center lock wheels coming undone, to go pound sand, I don't put any faith in "new" or "experimental" Porsche engineering.

Last edited by shadrach74; 12-27-2012 at 08:39 AM.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote