View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
BMAN_986

I got them off of ebay for about $900. There the same as the set listed by WhipE350 however I got them from someone else.

They use 2 H1 blubs (main/high) and 1 H7 (fog). They will plug straight in to the car without any mods. They are not a snug fit. I had to raise the tray the OEM light sits on to get a better fit. I also had to re-sit the foam seal on the actual light.

The cost is pretty much the same as buying a set of '03 clear OEM lights (new) from Pelican. However these lights give a much more contemporary look and that's why I went for them.

They are not HID but have a projector lens which is the right thing for converting them to HID. You can get the kits from $35. My guess is you will need to mod the light to get them working i.e. the ballast will need to be mounted somewhere.

I have a lot of problems with the DRL part of the light where two of the LEDS on any given unit fail to work. They are also subject to condensation. The build quality is pretty good for non-oem however the lights are pretty dirty from the inside and you can notice this when they are on (damp cloth wipe marks).

overall not a bad purchase but probably not as good as OEM. you are paying for the look.