View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
AKnowles

Ok, the short story version goes like this... When I met my wife I was without a motorcycle and missing it a lot. My wife helped me find a mint Kawasaki Concours with 1500 miles on it. Only paid about $2000 for it. Amazing deal. Later I sold it and bought a 1996 BMW R1200RT then bought a K1200RT so we could ride together. That lasted two rides. Finances were getting tight so I sold it. A few months later I sold the RT too. I was bummed. The next year I bought $600 in lottery tickets and won a R1200GS and upgraded it for $2500 to a 2009 R1200RT. I was in heaven. When my wife lost here job I sold it and downsized to a 2005 R1200RS. When my car engine had a meltdown I sold the bike to fix my car. A year l was getting frustrated and needed something to help relieve the tension. I was thinking a motorcycle and my wife was ok with that but bummed she could not participate with it. I suggested lessons and her own motorcycle.

While heading down that path, my wife suggested buying a roadster like a miata, z3, or z4. We actually test drove the z4, but with the electronic steering assist and steptronic transmission it didn't feel right to me and it smelled of the previous owners dog. My wife could not stay in the car. On our way through the showroom she saw a Porsche boxster in violet blue metallic. The words "my favorite color" & "awesome" bubbled out of her along with her bouncing around it joyfully. So we test drove it. I liked it, she loved it, so we bought it. Her favorite color, but my daily driver and "project car". I like a vehicle I can work on and the boxster is an easy car to work on.

Moral is ... If your wife loves you and you love her then there is no problems. Compromise may be needed at times, but if there is love there is understanding and no need to hide the things you buy to help you cope with the world or make life more enjoyable.

Just remember the car seats two. Tell her you bought it as a means of sharing special moments and sights together. Take her on a weekend ride occasionally with the top down. Enjoy it. Together.

Last edited by AKnowles; 12-23-2012 at 09:29 PM.
AKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote