View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
V-Rod
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklaw View Post
Do what I did when I bought a TR4a a few years ago. I parked it in the garage and when my wife came home she said "is that a new car in the garage?" I said "of course not, we have had that one for three or four months." She said "OK" and that was the last I heard of it. The next day I told her about just getting the car and how my daughter and I had a good laugh when she fell for my line. Luckily my wife understands my love of cars and never gets upset when I bring home a new one.
Yeah, I think that is great and I expect that I am going to share the same experience. My wife also knows that I love sports cars and Harley's. When she met me, I had an absolutely mint Triumph TR-6 that I rebuilt from the ground up. I sold it a couple of years later because we were trying to buy a house, start a family etc.

This purchase was the last big toy that I have wanted for quite some time. She even purchased the May 2012 copy of Automobile Magazine for me while we were at the beach in Maine back in June. It has been in our bathroom stack of reading since. See HERE

So when she wanted a Jeep Wrangler this past summer, she got it! I then sunk about $2k into it and made it much nicer. We had an '06 Honda Odyssey approaching 100k miles and it need about $2000 worth of maintenance. She wanted a new 2012 Touring model she got it. I gave her the garage in order to keep her new Honda in mint condition. I rented a garage bay to keep my bike and seasonal stuff in. I do not squawk when I see a new Coach or Louis Vuitton handbags in the closet. Woman find solace in having many bags, shoes, jewelry, etc. I like jeans, tee shirts, bikes and now my Boxster.

Heck all my clothes, bike, Boxster, computers, TV etc. costs about half of what her Odyssey costs. So in my house it is not all about me. I just made another impulse purchase and the timing was not right with our busy schedules.
2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey

Last edited by V-Rod; 12-23-2012 at 07:07 PM.
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote