View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Spyderman

Garage
Hey Homeboy981,

Not sure about what you're getting at when you mention "degrade the car"? With each and every modification an owner makes to their car, from what came stock from the factory, I suppose a purist could contend that the car is worth less. I believe that there are things that an owner can improve on, from what came on the car from the factory, that actually enhances the value of the vehicle (i.e. L&N Engineering IMS upgrade bearing, different wheels and tires, etc.).

Be that as it may, the plastic mesh is holding up great, the weatherstrip adhesive is holding the mesh securely to the backsides of the bumper opening inserts, and all I have to do is pick the occasional leaf out of the mesh when I've parked the car back in the garage after a bout of spirited driving.

All in all, I view this as an enhancement that any Boxster owner should make to avoid having to worry about obstructed radiators, condensers and the oil cooler, and the potential for raising temperatures and the resulting wear and tear on the car's engine and cooling components.
Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote