View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #9
AUDIOGUY

Sorry to hear about your loss! If you have any questions about the proces or need some advice, I have been in the Auto Insurance /Bodyshop business for 10 years. I can give you some pointers if needed. First of all, you do have the right to choose any repair facility you want... and keep in mind, the dealer may not be the best place to have the car repaired. Check with your local dealership and ask if they own a bodyshop. If not, they may refer work to one. Visit the shop and make sure it is up to par.. check out some of their paint work.. that is usually the most obvious part of the job. I am sure that your car will be fine if it is fixed at the right shop that is used to working on Boxsters. A familiar shop will know what to look for beyond the obvious damage from prior experience.

Now might be a nice time to UPGRADE your exhaust. If you wanted to try a new one
you can buy what ever one you wish and ask the shop to install it instead of the factory one. We would do this for a customer if requested. Dont worry about the damage, these cars are tough and when the repairs start, if the shop finds some additional or hidden damage, the insurance company will be responsible to pay for it as well.

Take care of yourself.
If you have any other questions for me, email Audioguy@comcast.net

Best of luck,
Joe
01S
Triple Black
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote