Thread: Air Intake Tip
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Might I suggest this…..a $12 Honeycomb Filter from Saxonpc.com (placed within 2" of MAF-in the opening of the MAF housing)

In this….siliconeintakes.com 4" intake tubing to 3.25" at MAF Housing (with MAF relocated NEXT TO TB) and a filter from ebay 6"X11"...

You will have to WORK to get it in….but it is WORTH IT!!

Still have not even put on my "cold air" portion of the intake. I am using a stock Throttle Body too. The computer has adjusted and is getting same mileage as before 14-25 mpg depending on acceleration used.

All in all - probably under $150 spent and well WORTH IT! Many told me it could not be done, maybe they could not do it, but here it is, working better than stock! And for a fraction of "name-brand" systems. Combine that with a Cat Back system and my car has lighting quick acceleration to the red line, no waiting!

I am not trying to knock anyone's choices on their intake selection…just don't knock me, and catch me IF you can!

See Ya!
Moving the MAF to the throttle body does not improve throttle response. Air is incompressible in an intake tube, so when the flow starts at the throttle body, it also starts at the intake, no delay.

What MAF housing are you using and have you checked your AFR's? With the sensor on the inside downstream of a bend, I can guarantee that you are running leaner than stock with a standard diameter MAF housing. It will be even leaner than that with a larger housing. I'm guessing you probably see slight studdering at part throttle steady state as well, as the separated flow coming around that bend isn't steady.

The honeycomb is not going to help with creating a uniform flow as the air comes around that bend.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote