View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
barkinfool

Garage
Throttle Body - Air Inlet Connection

Hi All -

I just wanted to share a recent experience I had while cleaning my throttle body on the '02 Boxster S & see if some feedback from the board might help others. The removal and cleaning of the throttle body went well following the instructions from here, Wayne's book, & also Pedro's site. As a true mechanical neophyte, I could not even begin to attempt these things without these resources, so a big thanks to each for making them available & for all of you who share your know-how.

Anyways, I had a devil of a time getting the Air Inlet to Throttle Body connection back in place after everything was cleaned. I tried just about everything including adding oil lubrication, ropes, hammering, & still it wouldn't work. Since the TB goes to the engine, I was hesitant to put other lubes that might work its way in there. Ultimately I resorted to disconnecting both the Air Inlet & Throttle body & reconnected it outside of the car (again using lots of brute force) & then in a very tedious manner got it put in the car & tightened everything down with these parts pre-connected out of sequence. I am sure others do it in a much better way than I did. So if you have a trick to putting these pieces together that might help someone else (or me in several years when I need to clean it again), please advise. Thanks!