View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Kroggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG View Post
Sorry to interrupt, but I had been planning to run the MPSC 265/35-18 on 9" wide et50 on my front, and thought they would fit without moving anything. Apparently this is not the case?

I had really been hoping to run a 265 front / 295 rear as this looks like the optimum combination.
When it comes to understanding all the measurement numbers related to wheels and tiers I can confess to getting very confused

When we widened my car, the body shop used a random 10" wide wheel with Toyo R888 265 to measure and it was tight, but did clear the radiator. We did have to put some spacers on the wheel to make it fit the front as it had the wrong back-space to fit the Boxster.

Now that I have received my custom made wheels and mounted the MPSC the radiators are in the way I think this is a mix of me not measuring spot on and the MPSC having a different sidewall to the R888???

I will be running MPSC 265/35 and 295/30 on 18x10 and 18x11 wheels. So same MPSC as you, and I would not have managed to make them fit the standard Boxster body with those wheels.

Are you racing or is the MPSC just for road fun? Michelin sponsor the Porsche Sports Cup Scandinavia and GT3 Cup Trophy over here, so we get additional data from Michelin. I have a PDF in Swedish I can share with you ( I see Kippis in your signature, so will assume there is some Finland relationship, maybe you can ready Swedish?). Michelin recommend that the 265 should be run on a 10" wheel for best performance but with a option between 9" - 10.5" So the 9" should be fine for your need (still do not know if it will fit without any modifications to the car), but for racing I would use a 10" wheel to get best performance from the MPSC...

Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote