View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Eric523
Boxster Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroggers View Post
Cool, so I am not the only one

I hope to do mine within the next week or so, as it is hindering me from completing other projects on the car. Happy to bounce some ideas back and forth with you, if you are willing to discuss your thinking and ideas?

I have wider front fenders than stock and as such a slightly wider front bumper giving a bot more space for movement.

My preference would be to relocate the complete radiator forward and either make new mounting holes or a completely new mount.

But I am also keen to try and use the factory hoses, so another option is to twist the radiator so the outside edge is further forward - this is where my new wheels are catching.

One point that worries me is the stupid plastic pin that Porsche decided to use to mount the inside of the radiator to the car (the one that is known to ofter crack and leak!!!). I was considering just cutting it off, but do not know if it is hollow and as such will create a leak or not - do you know?
I don't expect to get to working on it for a couple more weeks. I wanted to see if slotting the brackets for just a 1/4" to 1/2" would be sufficient to clear the front tires. Hopefully I'll be able to reuse the stock hoses as well.

Cutting off the pin would likely open a hole and render the radiator useless. You may be able to trim the tip off, but I know the base of the pin is hollow. Expensive experimenting unless you have a previously damaged unit to test on.
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote