View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:57 AM   #1
Rail26

The day came...She's wrecked.

My worst nightmare finally came true last night. My 987 with 6000 miles on it was rear-ended on I-10. The traffic stopped abruptly and I stopped with ease, however the old buick behind me driven by a young girl did not stop and smashed into my back end. I was suprised at the force she hit me with and I woke up early this morning with a killer head, neck and lower back ache.
After looking at the damage, it looks like her car nose dived and hit underneath the spoiler. The bumper is trashed and the exhaust is smashed. I worry though that the exhaust getting smashed towards the engine might have caused some damage at the headers...
Anyway, I have to start the insurance dance and was looking for pointers. I know there is a thread about this, but honestly I didn't try to look for it. For those of you that have had this happen, please respond. I called my insurance company and they have started the report and the adjuster will call me on Monday. I know the car will never be the same and I'm sure my resale value went into a tailspin. How do I fight to get it fixed by the dealer? How can I recoup the resale value loss or am I just screwed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Damn, this sucks and she was brand new.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote