View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:24 PM   #22
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
Merc seems to be intent on just modernizing what's worked for a long time and sticking that same AMG 5.5 engine in anything they want to label "sporty". IMHO, Audi has totally lost their way and are upstaged by their VW cousins.

I wonder what Porsche's design approach is? They mention a "night-time" design emphasis for the 987, but don't talk much about the day-time.

Actually, Porsche just evolves and modernizes their cars the the same way Merc does. Jeremy Clarkson says Porsche's engineers are some of the laziest engineers in the world when it comes to exterior design lol. Porsche doesn't take chances like BMW does regarding the exterior. Porsche is the only company I know of that can redesign nearly every body panel and end up with a car that looks so similar to it's predecessor(ie:987). Of course, when you get it almost perfect right out of the gate it can be hard to improve much.

I couldn't disagree more about Audi and VW. Audi has given their cars some balls finally and now they are a clear threat to BMW. They have won serveral sport sedan comparisons the last couple years and booted BMW from the top spot with there RS6, RS4, and S4 models. VW's image has declined the past few years and now they need Porsche's help bail them out of a financially bad situation because of it. They have definately gone down hill. They don't have one exciting car in there whole lineup in my opinion.

Last edited by Adam; 12-08-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote