View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:32 AM   #11
Dr. Kill

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssinkule
I have loved every Porsche I have ever owned, maintained them, done my best to keep them from coming into contact with other objects, and generally kept them happy.... But they are PORSCHES, they are built and designed with one singular purpose.. TO BE DRIVEN...quickly. Contrary to even most of their rivals Porsches weren't really even designed to be particularly "pretty" or "comfortable". So I guess the point of my rant is.. I seem to see so much written about how to "make my clutch last longer", "how to make my engine last forever", "should I not rev my engine", ect. These are Porsches, and unless someone buys the vehicle to be a poser I assume the only reason they purchased the car was to "drive" it.. Well, Drive it, drive it hard, drive it quickly, stop fast, go through corners quickly and enjoy it.
Agreed. I baby my Acura because that is what I put my big mileage on. While I do not abuse my Porsche by any means, I didn’t buy it to cruise in a straight line at 2500 RPMs. I had a recent argument with a coworker who has a BMW garage queen (a 525 no less – obviously not an enthusiast). He never drives the thing and will make snide remarks about my 987 being dirty. I have tried to explain that a Porsche (and BMW) is performance art, not sculpture – he thinks it is all about the status. Well I guess we both spent about the same amount of money and got the right cars for our individual tastes.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote