View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
Leighann1953

Question Vertex/Schnell SSK - Help

First, let me say how pleased I am to have found this site - been looking for a decent, ongoign Boxster forum for a while. This one seems to be very well supported.

Very interested to read this thread as have just purchased the Vertex/Schnell short shifter. Now I'm in two minds whether to go ahead or not. I remember I fitted a quick shift to a Mk II Golf GTi with excellent results but can't remember if it was actually "notchier" or harder to shift - all I know is I was overall pleased - with this one I'm not so sure I will be.

Wonder of Charles from Vertex is reading because he replied to a similar thread on this site about the B&M shifter offering some advice (see "very disappointed in my B&M SSK" thread). As a sponsor of the site Charles what advice can you give ??

What I'm not sure about is the "white out" stage because I would have thought that if you remove the cables they should go back in the correct position without adjustment?

Plus, if adjustment is required, the Schnell instructions don't offer any advice - all they say is reverse the diassembly instructions !!

Has any one else fitted one of these ? How did you get on ??

The advertisements say "the best to hit the Porsche market " and "absolutely the best shifter on the market you can buy" so come on Charles help us believe it !!

I certainly don't want to end up having to buy an OEM to get back to where I started.

Ken Richardsonc

2000 Boxster S Speed Yellow
Leighann1953 is offline   Reply With Quote