View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:53 AM   #8
ssinkule

Oh Come on... Drive it easy so it will last longer?!

I have loved every Porsche I have ever owned, maintained them, done my best to keep them from coming into contact with other objects, and generally kept them happy.... But they are PORSCHES, they are built and designed with one singular purpose.. TO BE DRIVEN...quickly. Contrary to even most of their rivals Porsches weren't really even designed to be particularly "pretty" or "comfortable". So I guess the point of my rant is.. I seem to see so much written about how to "make my clutch last longer", "how to make my engine last forever", "should I not rev my engine", ect. These are Porsches, and unless someone buys the vehicle to be a poser I assume the only reason they purchased the car was to "drive" it.. Well, Drive it, drive it hard, drive it quickly, stop fast, go through corners quickly and enjoy it. If clutches, tires, brake pads, ect are a major concern maybe an alternative automobile choice is in order.. Sorry for the rant, it is probably more caused by living in Atlanta where most Porsches are owned by mindless posers than by people who appreciate the marque for more than its crest.. also having seen firestone low speed rating tires being mounted on a Porsche the other dat at an Exxon gas station.. Happy driving and yes I now feel better.. BTW has anyone else had problems with Mass Air Flow Sensors in 2.7 Boxsters?
ssinkule is offline   Reply With Quote