View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
b-raddetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Too bad this happened, but we here know little about the car's history. How it was maintained? Driven? Treated? Tracked? Over-reved? Whatever. Still painful when they go "boom".

But the goods news it that you are ready again to rock-and-roll!
When I was putting myself through college, I could hardly afford and extra Domino's pizza, let alone a sportscar and a $13k repair bill. Good on you.
The car was well maintained. It was a two owner car, the first owner was an older gentleman who owned it for 4 years and traded it in on something from the Ferrari Maserati dealership. This is where the next owner purchased the Box. He drove the vehicle very little and had the car maintained at our local BMW dealership where his wife was the service manager.

The car was never tracked before the day it blew. The car was treated very well both mechanically and cosmetically. The previous owner said he did not drive the car hard and that it was more of a Sunday cruiser.

Since I bought the car I have only put 4000 miles on over two summers. I do drive the car spiritedly but always wait till it is warm and never over-rev it or downshift over aggressively.

I have always loved cars and have been working and saving since I was 12. At age 14 I started my own automotive detailing business over the years it has grown and allowed me to purchase and enjoy cars.

It also help that I have amazing parents who are funding my education and are very supportive in everything I do.
b-raddetail is offline   Reply With Quote