Thread: Litronics
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
thom4782

I'm new to the world of modern Porsche complexities. The last car I did my own work on was a highly modified 924. So my advice for some of these 986 questions is a best guess at best

My understanding that programming was needed for a new leveling control module was based on my reading the Porsche diagnostic manual. It said to use the PST2 to have the car recognize the new module and to calibrate the tilt.

This is an important question to me because my factory litronics seem like they aren't working right. The headlight adjustment harness was unplugged from the passenger side headlight assembly for 6 months+. I plugged it back in late last week and the headlights now tilt up to the high position by default. I can rotate them to the middle and low positions using my durametric, but they always return to the high position. I figure there are three possible causes - the tilt is mis-calibrated, a bad sensor, or a bad control module. If I have to put in a new control module, I'd love to avoid taking it to the dealer for programming.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote