Thread: Key Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #18
bobbyg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv View Post
Bobbyg, I have an owner's manual for the earlier series 986, and it says that 'In the case of vehicles without remote control, the grip of key A incorporates a lamp that lights up when you press the button'. In the manual for my car (2004) there is no mention of 'vehicles without remote control'. So it seems like some earlier cars do not have remote locking/unlocking, and it sounds very much like your situation. Maybe you could check the list of accessories codes that is usually found under the front boot lid, or as a last resort take it to a dealer, or other Porsche service place, to get them to have a look (probably at a price!). Hope that helps.
Hi PJV, thanks mate, that, together with an email I received from the original owner, clarified things for me. It was never installed with a remote as it was apparently an optional, which surprised me a little bit, considering that my much cheaper and less classy Kia Rio had it as standard for 1/5 of the price. Will have to live without lol.

Cheers mate and thanks for your help.

Ps. Can you please give me some info on how to find what the codes at the options part under the bonnet mean?

Last edited by bobbyg; 11-25-2012 at 11:42 PM.
bobbyg is offline   Reply With Quote