View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
pecto3

How reliable is your Boxster?

Hi to all, the title above might have been discussed here numerous times but lately all I've been reading are horrible stories about ownership of Boxster especially older ones. I was just wondering if you guys can tell the pleasant side of ownership on a maintenance point of view. Lets start off with mine, is a 1997, bought about 8 months ago with 35k miles, drive the car about 1-2 times per week 1/3 of the time with the top down. So far so good, everything seems to work fine as it should. I did the 30k mile maintenance myself 2 weeks later when I got it. I got the car from a small car dealership, did a little research about the car and I did not do any PPI because the first time I saw the car, I was amazed how clean it was for it's age so I assumed that the car was properly maintained from inside out (very risky decision), secondly, I ask the salesperson where the car is usually parked and he pointed where it was sitting, look underneath and found no oil on the pavement, did a little test drive and took it home the next day. So far the only thing I can find wrong with it is oil perspiring on the right top most part of the engine, other than that, there is none except for the "annoying engine noise" (as we all love to hear) as described by my lady friend, from then on, I always use my '94 Honda Civic whenever she rides with me .

Called dealership about history of the car, was serviced maybe 3 times (as far as I can remember) major concern being was clearing of check engine light, unable to specify what was faulty. Anyway, its been trouble free as of this time and enjoying every minute of driving the car. Calling the 100k miler out there....
pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote