View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #9
mjw930

My wife wanted a Boxster from the moment she saw one years ago. The only problem, she never learned how to drive a manual. That presented a problem because in this household Porsche's only come with manual transmissions, I will not own an automatic Porsche. (sorry to all you tip owners but that's my rule). While it may seem narrow minded I firmly believe that Porsche's are drivers cars and to extract all of the pleasure from the car I need to be connected to it and that can only happen if I'm selecting the gears.

Now, I already had a 930 ('89 with the 5 speed G50) that she couldn't drive which presented problems if we decided to take the 930 on an outing and for some reason I was unable to drive. Taking all of this into account she decided to buy a GTI 5 speed to learn how to drive a stick. I still had my automatic F-150 Lightning so she still had something to drive while she learned but it took her less than 2 weeks to become capable of driving the stick and after 2 years she was ready for venture into a high performance ride. She finally got her Boxster 3 months ago and she's loving every minute of it and is now as understands my (and my friends) belief that real Porsche's don't have automatics.

This post isn't intended to denegrate anyone who owns a Tip Porsche. Just as everyone has reasons for owning a particular car these are mine. Of course I may have to eat my words it I decide to get a Pepper since they only come with the Tip .
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote