Thread: water tank
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Mark_T

Yeah, I know all too well what a nasty job that is. I managed to avoid actual blood loss, but it took me about 3 hours to get the old one out and about that long again to put the new one in. I was able to do the job almost entirely from up top, and did not have to remove the aluminum brace as suggested in the Pelican article. If you are gong to replace the tank you might as well replace the cap (there is an updated part, ending in .04) and the sensor located at the bottom of the tank while you are at it.

The guide on Pedro's website is also very helpful. Take lots of pictures while you are taking it apart in case you need to jog your memory during the re-assembly. Make sure you have a good assortment of weasel tools - long needle nose plier (both straight and angled), a few rad hose pics, and if you spend the money on one of those remote cable operated hose clamp pliers you will be very glad you did. Another worthwhile investment is the Airlift vacuum evacuator and fill tool, providing you have a compressor to run it.

Last edited by Mark_T; 11-22-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote