View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #12
Jager

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Glad to hear it wasn't a moose or deer, and it was just a coyote. Never in my life could I imagine coyotes in CA, but then again I've only been to LA and Anaheim.
There is a little more to this story… The area I work is a huge animal reserve (not related to the work I do) and the wildlife population is huge. I go to work at 6:00 AM, that’s before sunrise this time of year, so I had no time to react when the coyote became visible as it ran in front of my headlights. Also, the central coast of California can be very foggy in the morning; you cannot relax while driving in the fog while it's dark and I find it somewhat stressful especially with all the wildlife in this area. On Monday I counted 11 deer along the road between two work locations and that was in the middle of the day (approximately noon). Yes, many deer get hit even though the speed limits are 35MPH and 45MPH along different segments of road. I have avoided hitting many deer due to the superior handling of the Boxster (knock on wood) but fellow coworkers have had serious damage to their vehicles. There are stories where the deer have run into the side of vehicles and entered through the side windows!!

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote