View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #5
Unregistered

Thankyou Donv, that was very helpful. I will stick with what I have for now. Perhaps in late spring for the next oil change I will throw in some 5w or 10w 40. Do think Illinois summers would warrant this change, and should I talk to my dealer before changing anything? Additionally, this is purely a personnal preference thing, but I have 5,100 miles on the odo and I'm thinking about changing the oil soon. People I have talked to say change it around 5k if you drive it hard. The thing is, what would one consider driving hard. My average drive is comprised of city and highway(but under 75 miles) I often get into triple digit speeds(not that hard to do), I probably rev to near redline a few times during the average trip. Some times I take to redline in succession, gears 1-4. Is this considered "hard" driving? It's an 03 box s with the vario cam technology. My thinking is since this is a pretty serious car, and no slouch at the track(from what I heard) my driving is pretty average. What do you guys/gals think? Change oil now or wait awhile. This will be my first box oil change. Sorry, I know this topic has been drudged up many times, but I still don't know what is defined as "hard driving."