Thread: Trade in value
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
RandallNeighbour

Trading it in also gives you a sales tax advantage. Don't forget to add this into your thinking.

What I do is hammer them on the new car sale price to compensate for the lowball trade amount, and when they balk, I say "Fine, then overpay me on my trade. You must do one or the other to get me to buy today."

Then I shut up. The next guy to speak just lost money.

Then, no matter what deal I negotiate in the sales area, I change my mind in the finance office, and demand free maintenance (oil changes, first 3 scheduled maintenance visits, etc.). It totally pisses off the finance guy, who will storm out and yell at the salesman, and give you something more to get you to sign the papers.

Screw with them until they're just about to throw your ass out of the dealership.

I sold cars for a while. The salespeople always comment, "buyers are liars". ... So I have no respect for them whatsoever and redo the deal well after they think the negotiation is over.

If I leave with my new car I hope that the staff never wants to see me again for the haggling I have done and their lack of control over me and my money. No matter how they moan about losing money, they are lying to you.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 11-20-2012 at 02:58 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote