View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
RandallNeighbour

While I won't be able to join you guys this time, let me say that I've driven the box around that area in the mornings and afternoons. Afternoons is not a good idea for the following reasons:

In the early mornings before 10 am, you will have cyclists and bikers to contend with and a tractor or two. No big deal.

After 10 am, you have all of the above plus soccer moms, more farmers in pickups, and LEOs o'plenty.

[Side Note: always let the lead car have the best radar detector in the pack. Last time I went out I was with a Turbo and two BoxS's and a 911. Of course, the bigger the motor the further out front they were from me, the lowly 2.5 in the bunch.

I had the V1 and the alarm went off as the Turbo and the 911 were both popped for 112 and 95 (respectively) in a 50 mph zone. The county cop said he would have busted all of us but didn't have time to shoot his radar at all five cars.

He said he was being "extremely generous" to us by writing the tickets for 74 mph so as not to arrest the two drivers for reckless driving.]

Additionally, it's not that close to Brenham, but if you drive FM 105 (Industry, TX) down from 290 and then take whatever that road is to San Felipe, Texas (located a mile north of I-10 near Sealy... google map it and you'll see the FM road... 2920????) there is a lovely bit of road with nice sweepers, which is about as twisty as we get around here.

Or, you guys can stay in town and just drive what I call "the loop":

Beginning at Shepherd, turn onto Memorial and take it downtown and drive south to Allen Parkway and come back to Shepherd. Do it early enough and you'll have the roads mostly to yourself with very few cops.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 11-20-2012 at 08:04 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote