View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
billfry

Garage
Passenger Window rail change causes security system problem?

I don't know if anyone's seen this before, but here are the stats & symptoms:
Stats:
2001 Boxster S, ~70K miles, okay condition.
Passenger window rail system replaced back in June. (done by me).

Symptoms:
About a month ago, the vehicle would beep twice when being unlocked. The passenger window doesn't drop when the door is opened in this state. I can raise & lower the window just fine though, and if I lock the car while the door is open, the window will drop & I can close the door. It lifts back up normally at that point, but the car beeps once to note that there's a problem with the security system.
The oddities are that it only happens on the passenger door (the one that was worked on), and does not happen at all if it's a bit cool outside (in about the low 60's or lower). Also, as mentioned, this just started about a month ago, and the replacement was done back in June.

I found documentation stating that it's the security system that's giving the beeps, but nothing about how to trace down the symptoms or sensors.

Anyone got any Ideas?

One other item is that the airbag warning light is on. I forgot on the re-assembly side & connected the battery for a moment before having the airbag re-attached. Everything I've read states that it has to go to the shop to get that cleared, but there's not one in my general vicinity.

Blessings to all, and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Bill.
billfry is offline   Reply With Quote